What's it all about?
We have built a new set of halls for our church and the local community but it's about much more than that. We are a worshipping community in the heart of the Castle Road and Devon Park area of Bedford. We want to share God's love through welcoming people into the buildings. We would love to welcome you to join us in worship or invite you to one of the many events that we arrange for the community in the halls.
Why have we done it?
These new halls have been built to meet the needs of our local community
1) They will meet the future needs of this community
2) We outgrew the old halls
3) They are sustainable and built to last
4) We want to bless you with them
Our new church halls are at the heart of our ministry at Christ Church. We use them for worship and for many other church and community activities including a knitting group, children's activity groups and meetings and activities for older people. We also hire to local people and community groups for meetings and events.
Scroll down to see the range of activities currently going on in the halls; for images and sizes of the rooms; and for detailed location and access information.
Kitchen hire Information
If your hire includes use of the kitchen please follow the link below to view a short video about this facility.
For larger pictures and information on room sizes click on any photograph below.
What's GOING ON IN THE HALLS
As well as hosting meetings, parties, receptions and other celebrations, our halls are used regularly by the following groups and community organisations:
• Christ Church Bedford Preschool
• Song Squad - Singing and dance group for children
• Dance 4 All - Dance group
• First Class Learning - Tuition for school children
• Bedford Juggling Club
• Little Froggies - Children's French lessons
• Rehab Pilates - More details here
• Castle Counselling Centre - www.castlecounsellingcentre.co.uk
• The Bedford Language Centre - www.bedfordlanguagecentre.co.uk
Our address is 140 Dudley Street, Bedford. MK40 3SX . We are located at the top of Dudley Street, just off Goldington Road. There is a small amount of parking adjacent to the halls. If using on road parking please respect the needs of our neighbours.
Halls Redevelopment Project
The Halls Redevelopment has taken place over several years, below are links to slide shows and videos which illustrate the process:
An Interview with Stanley Pullinger