Our Mission Statement: "To enable everyone to be maturing followers of Christ, who experience and live out God’s love in every part of their lives.
For your diary this week
Mission Partners at Christ Church, July 2018
Our Mission Partners, Marc & Hilary from Benin, West Africa, Jude & YP from Belgium and Rob & Ruth from the Middle East, are coming to Bedford this summer and there will be various opportunities for you to greet them from 10th to 15th July.
Unfortunately Marc Deneufchâtel has broken his collar bone, which will delay their arrival in Bedford and has changed the programme slightly – PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGES BELOW:
- The Lime Home Group will entertain Marc and / or Hilary on Tuesday, 10th July at 8pm at 37 Harrold Priory. Please let Kathy Priddin know if you would like to join that meeting.
- All Home Groups are invited to join together to meet Marc and / or Hilary on Wednesday, 11th July at 8.15pm at the Church. Please let Susan or Duncan Mountford know if you would like to come.
- There will be an “Authentic Food Tasting “afternoon on Saturday, 14th July at the Church, from 2-3pm. An opportunity to sample the delights of food from afar! Activities for children in the Vicarage Garden. Contact Gillian Lindley for more details.
- All our Mission Partners will be taking part in the 10am service on Sunday 15th July. That service will be followed by “information centres” round the Church for you to be inspired. Contact Margaret or Edward Tufnell for more details.
- Following the morning service, there will be a picnic in the Vicarage Garden (from 1pm to 2.30pm) Please bring your own chairs and picnic. More details from Lizzie and Dan Payton or David Gundry.
Bedford River Festival Please visit the Ecumenical Christian stall (located between Russell Park and the Embankment) and the Farming Christian Link stand which the Gideons' are sharing (located on Mill Meadows, south of the river, somewhere between the bandstand and the suspension bridge) during the River Festival taking place on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th July. The Gideons' hope to distribute 5,000 testaments and have many conversations over the weekend. Your prayer support and encouragement on the day would be appreciated. People from many churches are involved.
Halls Redevelopment – Rejoice in God’s goodness
The Beds & Herts Historic Churches Trust – sponsors of the annual September bike ride – have agreed to donate a further grant of £10,000.
Can you help the Grants Group under Ken Barber to speak to or complete applications for one last trawl of possible grant-making bodies? Talk to Ken Barber or Jon Day today.
Events coming up soon and notices
Calligrapher wanted we are looking for someone who could, next week, help write invites to our guests to our celebrations on 23rd September and for a couple of other jobs. Please let the office know if you could help.
Wood - there are more wooden pallets and other spare pieces of timber available on the north lawn. (Some of the wood may cost you £3-£5 a metre at a DIY store) Donations for the Halls Redevelopment Fund can be made via the box in church or posted through the Vicarage Door.
Bike 'n Hike – Saturday 8th September. If you would like to raise money for Christ Church and the Beds and Herts Historic Churches Trust and enjoy a good cycle ride, please obtain sponsor forms from the Church Office. This year you can also visit local churches in your car and make a donation or get sponsors for doing that. We are very grateful for the grants we have received from the trust and would like to support them.
Summer camps If you or anyone in your family is going on a Christian camp or houseparty this summer & would like prayer for it please let Judy Miller know.
Foodbank – please bring non-perishable donations any Sunday. Please place them in the labelled box at the back of church. The Foodbank is currently in particular need of fruit juice (long life), sponge puddings (long life), tinned fruit, custard and rice pudding, cup a soup, tinned spaghetti, jars of pasta sauce, rice (up to 500g), squash, jam, tinned fish and meat (casserole/stew), washing up liquid, deodorant (unisex), shower gel (unisex), toilet rolls and laundry washing tablets.