Our Mission Statement: "To enable everyone to be maturing followers of Christ, who experience and live out God’s love in every part of their lives.
Church Family News
Congratulations to Alan and Margaret Cottenden on their Ruby Wedding today.
Congratulations to Sam Rawes on his engagement to Chelsea Powell; they will be getting married at St Barts Church, Bath on 6th July 2019
Duncan Goldthorpe will be ordained Deacon at St Albans Abbey on 1st July 2018 at 11.15am (ends 12.45pm). All welcome to support him and the family at the service.
For your diary this week
Lunch Club Monday 25th June at 12.45pm – VENUE: Three Rivers Church, 88 Denmark St
Malawi Car Wash Total Last week's car wash raised £367.50 to help send the teens out to Malawi in the summer of 2019.
Malawi Quiz Night Friday 29th June at 7.15pm at Three Rivers Church 88 Denmark Street, Bedford MK40 3TJ. Tickets: Adults - £8, Children under 12 - £5. Make your own team of 6 or we can match you up. Ploughman’s supper and a drink included in price. Raffle and further drinks available. Buy tickets and further info please contact Kay Berrington on or Tracey Emmott
All Age Service 1st July “Dress up as a super hero” if you are coming to the 10am All-Age Service next week then please come dressed as a superhero, if you would like to.
Halls Redevelopment THIS WEEK’s Key Matter
The HRV Grants Group under Ken Barber has begun one last trawl of possible grant-making bodies – if you can help make phone calls of enquiry, talk to Ken Barber or Jon Day today. We still need to pray that those who have not given recently or at all would donate, if able to.
Events coming up soon and notices
Church Walk: 1st July 2018 has been cancelled to allow people to attend Duncan Goldthorpe’s ordination at St Albans Abbey and Cathedral.
Ladies Late Breakfast Saturday 7th July at 10.30am Please sign up at the back of church if you are coming. Speakers, from among our younger members, are: Kitty Hamilton, Esther Platt and Joanna.
Gas Barbecue if anyone would like (ideally donation to HRV) and can transport a large, scarcely used, gas barbecue please contact the church office for details.
Wood - there are more wooden pallets and other offcuts available on the Vicarage drive
Mission Partners at Christ Church, July 2018 Our Mission Partners, Marc & Hilary from Benin, West Africa, Jude & YP from Belgium and Rob & Ruth from the Middle East, are coming to Bedford this summer and there will be various opportunities for you to greet them from 9th to 15th July
- Marc and Hilary will be at Lunch Club on Monday, 9th July
- The Brown Home Group will entertain Marc and / or Hilary that same day at 8pm at 43 Harrold Priory. Please let Sue Bradley know if you would like to join that meeting.
- The Lime Home Group will entertain Marc and / or Hilary on Tuesday, 10th July at 8pm at 37 Harrold Priory. Please let Kathy Priddin know if you would like to join that meeting.
- All Home Groups are invited to join together to meet Marc and / or Hilary on Wednesday (11th July) evening at 8.15pm at the Church. Please let Susan or Duncan Mountford know if you would like to come.
- There will be an “Authentic Food Tasting “afternoon on Saturday, 14th July at the Church, from 2-3pm. An opportunity to sample the delights of food from afar! Activities for children in the Vicarage Garden. Contact Gillian Lindley for more details.
- All our Mission Partners will be taking part in the 10am. service on Sunday 15th July. That service will be followed by “information centres” round the Church for you to be inspired. Contact Margaret or Edward Tufnell for more details.
- Following the morning service, there will be a picnic in the Vicarage Garden (1 to 2.30pm) Please bring your own chairs and picnic. More details from Lizzie or Dan Payton or David Gundry.
Foodbank – please bring non-perishable donations any Sunday. Please place them in the labelled box at the back of church. The Foodbank is currently in particular need of fruit juice (long life), sponge puddings (long life), tinned fruit, custard and rice pudding, cup a soup, tinned spaghetti, jars of pasta sauce, rice (up to 500g), squash, jam, tinned fish and meat, washing up liquid, deodorant (unisex), shower gel (unisex), toilet rolls and laundry washing tablets.